Who we are
We care about your personal data
BrainTower declares that it complies with Belgian privacy legislation for the processing of personal data, as well as with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation applicable as of 25 May 2018 (hereinafter referred to as GDPR). For more information, please consult the website of the Belgian privacy authority (https://www.privacycommission.be/nl).
What is meant by the processing of personal data?
Personal data is any data relating to a person that can be directly or indirectly identified. Processing of personal data includes all types of transactions of personal data such as collecting, consulting, organising, structuring, storing, adapting or modifying, …
How do we collect your personal data and what personal data do we collect and process?
We collect personal data in a variety of ways and on a variety of occasions, for example, during a phone call; when you send us an e-mail or letter; during a meeting; when you visit our website, when we check publicly available information, …
Data that we collect directly:
– To know who you are: surname, first name, position, …
– To contact you: telephone number, e – mail address,
– What education, skills or experience you have, such as the information in your CV
Public data and data we collect indirectly:
For example, this may include data that is subject to publication requirements, such as the publication of your appointment as managing director of a company or data that you have made public, such as information on your website, etc.
Why are these personal data processed and what is the legal basis for the processing?
Depending on the situation, BrainTower requires certain information from you in order to offer certain services. The information that BrainTower requests and with which we can identify you is referred to as personal data.
Below you can find out for each situation why BrainTower requests these personal details and for what purpose your personal details will be used.
Where necessary, your details will be used for the following purposes:
- For contacts with customers or prospects during an initial or subsequent contact with BrainTower:
Your identity and contact details, including all other relevant information required to offer our services and/or to properly conclude and execute the agreement we conclude with you.
- For suppliers of services and/or goods:
Your identity and contact details, including all other relevant information to be able to check your offer, to arrive at and execute the agreement you enter into with us in the correct manner.
- For project managers/ candidate project managers:
Your identity and contact details, including all other relevant information, for the purpose of finding the best possible match between the needs of the client and the profile of the candidate interim consultant or project manager, and to properly establish and execute the agreement we conclude with you. This includes your CV, any cover letter and comments made during the introductory meeting, as well as evaluation forms that have been processed.
- For employees/potential employees:
Your identity and contact details, including any other relevant information for a possible workplace for you in our company, and to properly establish and perform the employment contract we enter into with you.
- For direct marketing purposes (i.e. newsletters):
The above-mentioned information, after your explicit consent (opt-in)
If you contact us: your identity and contact details, including any other relevant information for the purposes of our communication.
We also collect and process data in order to comply with all legal obligations to which we are subject or to respect our legitimate interests within the limits of GDPR.
The personal data collected will be processed administratively and responsibly.
If you do not want your personal data to be processed, it is not possible to perform the services for which you and BrainTower are contractually bound.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data at all times
- Right of access and inspection
- Right of improvement, removal and restriction
- Right of opposition
- Right to data transfer: You have the right to request and/or transfer your personal data processed by us in a structured, standard and machine readable form to others.
- Right of withdrawal of consent: insofar as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent. If you no longer wish to receive our mailings, newsletters, etc., you can unsubscribe via the opt-out link in the mailing/newsletter or request this by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exercise your rights: you can exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending us a letter at 2600 Antwerp, Borsbeeksebrug 34/1.
Rue des Printers 35, 1000 Brussels
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
Your personal data will be kept for as long as necessary. Personal data of customers/prospects or prospective project managers or employees will be retained for as long as they are deemed relevant for offering our services or completing a job application.
Transfer to third parties
Your personal data will not be sold, rented, distributed or otherwise commercially made available to third parties.
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties, except:
- To our successors and other actual or future BrainTower affiliated companies for the same reasons and for the same purposes as mentioned above
- When necessary for the execution of our services on the same grounds and for the same purposes as mentioned above
- When transfer is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- For payroll administration or tax administration
- When it is necessary for the performance of a contract that commits us
For project managers/ candidate project managers:
- Some of the personal data we process about you may be passed on to third parties. This concerns the following data:
- Your CV anonym (first name only), i.e. when we – after your approval – send your profile to our client
When BrainTower has entered into a contractual agreement with you as part of an interim or project management assignment you will perform with one of our clients:
- Your surname and first name, your date of birth, your telephone number, your e-mail address and other relevant information.
Security and confidentiality
We have implemented and modified security measures to prevent technical and organisational destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorised access or notification to third parties, collected personal data and any other unauthorised processing of this data.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes, we do. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow), allowing the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. They are also used to help us understand your preferences based on past or current site activity, enabling us to provide you with better services.
- Collect information about site traffic and site interactions to provide better site experiences and tools in the future. We may use third party services that track this information on our behalf.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings; the Help menu of your browser will tell you how to modify your cookies.
- If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It does not affect the user experience, which makes your site experience more efficient.